Social Media Optimization can be tricky because you’ll never know what people will like, unlike SEO with a set of rules that mindless robots follow people can be more dynamic and sometimes its hard to get them to do what you want, try these tricks to SMO.
- Get some links: Think about other bloggers and linkbait
- Bookmark me: Include calls to action for users to tag, bookmark and Digg your stuff. I’d suggest the Sociable Plugin if you have a WordPress powered blog.
- Help your posts travel: Content diversification can lead to mobility of your content beyond the browser.
- Encourage exchange: The basis of technology is the exchange of ideas, let people use your content to create their own stuff
- Be a Resource: Add value by linking to resources that will be valuable to your users
Reward helpful users: Give your contributors and readers the recognition (And rewards) they deserve
- Know your audience: Know who you want to read you blog and how to attract them
- Keepin it real: No one likes a fake, be transparent
- Be humble: Don’t get carried away with being a star or an expert, remember what your blogging for
- Stay fresh : Social Media is changing and morphing by the minute, keep up on new tools, products and challenges in your social sphere.
- Don’t Give Up: No matter how hard it is you have to keep working at it.